This week–the second I’m tracking via the Star-Sticker Calendar Method–was much less productive than Week 1, but I think I have a few very good excuses.
First, I went on a trip to my home campus to participate in a Career Boot Camp thing where they attempt to give Seniors an inkling of how to better Adult beyond the bosom of our alma mater. This trip did not include wifi or a great deal of free time.
Second, while on my home campus I popped in to the registrar to resolve that nagging feeling I’d had that I should have more confirmation of my early-graduated status.
“Perhaps I will have to fill out a form,” I thought.
I did not have to fill out a form. I actually have to take one more online class to get all the credits I need, which somehow both me and my adviser missed until now.
Third, in the middle of this credit-stress, my phone decided to die, thus shoving me bodily from the frying pan to the searing, wifi-less fire.
It has not been a great week in Allison-town. More specifically, it has been a cranky week in Allison-town, full of phone calls and emails and sorting through headaches. But now? Phone fixed. Course registered. Fresh cookies on the counter… I’m doin’ much better now.
So I’m giving myself a free pass for a less than stellar productivity week.
I did start some revisions on a short story I’m increasingly proud of, especially since I unearthed the perfect title (a rare occasion for me).
- Gold – 1 hr revision (WEEK TOTAL: 6 hrs)
- Blue – draft 500 new words (WEEK TOTAL: 500 words + odds & ends from revision)
- Green – read 100 pages (WEEK TOTAL: ~300 pages)
- Red – 1/2 hr studying Japanese (WEEK TOTAL: 5 hrs)
- Silver – blog post (WEEK TOTAL: 1)
- NOT PICTURED – I’m tracking exercise and adult-like responsibilities in a separate baby-sized calendar also courtesy of Easter Seals. (WEEK TOTAL FOR EXERCISE: 2 times).
Points of Note:
- Green Star Reads for this week: DAUGHTERS UNTO DEVILS, by Amy Lukavics (Good for a quick scare, something about the climax fell flat for me) + 56 pages of THE 5TH WAVE, by Rick Yancey (DNF for now, might give it a shot some other time), and the beginnings of THE ANATOMY OF CURIOSITY, by Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, & Brenna Yovanoff.
- SOUNDTRACK OF THE WEEK: Predictably, Hamilton, random Japanese music, and my film score playlist.
- X-FILES EPS REMAINING PRE-REVIVAL: 20 + a movie. We’re in the home stretch now.
- Go-to method of procrastination: Fretting about broken phones. Fretting about college. Making cookie dough.
And, that’s the week! Thanks for reading. Maybe someday I will write a non-recap blog post in the middle of the week. We’ll see.