This week, I have an accomplishment to share.
In news that will probably excite anyone who’s had to endure my livetweeting for the last month or so, I finally finished my first watch-through of The X-Files. All nine seasons. Apparently more than 200 episodes. I can now fully embrace the legacy of my last name… I’d say more about that, but I’m thinking of writing a [non-check-in] blog post at some point in the next week, which would be a momentous occasion in its own right… We’ll see!
Another highlight of the week include the return of my phone, which has turned out to be a fickle creature who rebels against me, then cozies up to the Fix-it Guy in town.
I also just started watching/livetweeting Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries to wean myself off of X-Files, and since I promised myself I could start another episode after posting this blog… Let’s make this fast!
- Gold – 1 hr revision (WEEK TOTAL: 9 hrs)
- Blue – draft 500 new words (WEEK TOTAL: 0 words aside from revision bits)
- Green – read 100 pages (WEEK TOTAL: 500 pages)
- Red – 1/2 hr studying Japanese (WEEK TOTAL: 7 hrs)
- Silver – blog post (WEEK TOTAL: 1)
- NOT PICTURED – I’m tracking exercise and adult-like responsibilities in a separate baby-sized calendar also courtesy of Easter Seals.(WEEK TOTAL FOR EXERCISE: 3 times).
Points of Note:
- Green Star Reads for this week: NIMONA, by Noelle Stevenson, (Great! Loved how it progressed. There is also a surprising “cute” : “joyous murder” ratio which I liked). Finished THE ANATOMY OF CURIOSITY, by Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, & Brenna Yovanoff. (The exact message I sent to my best friend afterward was: “I feel deliciously fragile after finishing Anatomy of Curiosity because it’s one of THOSE kinds of books that gets me pumped and terrified about writing”). I also started THE SCORPION RULES, by Erin Bow (more goats than I expected, but about the same amount of political intrigue. Basically, it’s my aesthetic so far), and the textbook for my online class (which I am counting in order to motivate myself to read it).
- SOUNDTRACK OF THE WEEK: I’ve been quite enjoying the most recent albums by Daughter, Panic at the Disco, and Of Monsters And Men.
- X-FILES EPS REMAINING PRE-REVIVAL: None! Done! The revival is in full swing!
- Go-to method of procrastination: Fretting about broken phones (fixed now). Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries.
To sum it all up, this was a week of short story revision and lots of Japanese flashcards smuggled into the hours I spent watching X-Files.
I realize these may be boring for anyone but me, but like I said, have a few ideas for some non-check-in blog posts, so look forward to that…or just go scroll through my Miss Fisher’s Murder Mystery tweets, which are way more entertaining.
Thanks for reading!