General updates: After about 16,000 downloads, UP AND COMING: STORIES FROM THE 2016 CAMPBELL-ELIGIBLE WRITERS is no longer available at the link where it’s been available up to now. It does have its own Goodreads page, which interests me in its own right. And, one last time, you can still read my horror-fantasy tooth fairy short story, “Decay” at Crossed Genres, along with my New Author Spotlight Interview.
I livetweeted a few more eps of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, along with the movie Chocolat, which I for some reason expected to be much creepier than it was. You can check out these and more under my livetweet sessions tab.
I also ran outside once…when it was arguably much too cold to do so. Here’s a picture to commemorate my surviving frostbite.
Green Star Reads for this week:
I finished PAPER VALENTINE, by Brenna Yovanoff, and while I did not trust the love interest as far as I could throw him for most of the book, he is–somewhat embarrassingly–a type that I adore in fiction, with similar vibes to one of my own WIPs. So I did swoon a bit even in the midst of vast distrust. Anyway, I enjoyed the book, apparently so much so that it sparked a short story which I wrote in like seven hours and seemed to go well… See: March 29 on my sticker calendar. FIENDISH unfortunately had to go back to the library before I could get to it, but I shall acquire it some other time.
I’m currently reading JUST VISITING, by Dahlia Adler, who I love on Twitter, so it’s strange to only just now be reading one of her books. My bad. I’m liking it, especially once I got through some of the set-up. Interested in seeing where it goes. And where they go. To college. Anyway.
- Soundtrack of the Week: I took advantage of my last few days of free Premium Spotify by listening to my Musicals playlist nonstop (ha) so I could skip what I wasn’t in the mood for. Then I realized that Spotify renewed itself on the 30th, not the 31st, so like I guess I’m paying for more Spotify this month. At that point I reverted to Tricot radio and now I have the Interstellar soundtrack on.
- Go-to method of procrastination: Ran outside once. Broke out my neglected Wacom Bamboo tablet thing so I could doodle. I am not a good or skilled or dedicated artist, by any means. But I like doodling, so like, whatever. One of the highlights:
- Silver – 1/2 hr revision(WEEK TOTAL: 9 & 1/2 hr)
- Blue – draft 500 new words (WEEK TOTAL: 10,500 words)
- Green – read 100 pages(WEEK TOTAL: 400 pages)
- Gold – 1/2 hr studying Japanese (WEEK TOTAL: 2 & 1/2 hrs)
- Red – blog post (WEEK TOTAL: 1)
- NOT PICTURED – I’m tracking exercise and adult-like responsibilities in a separate baby-sized calendar also courtesy of Easter Seals.(WEEK TOTAL FOR EXERCISE: 2 times–in a row!).
- TOTAL STICKERS: 50
Points of Note:
- March 29 – In which a new short story unexpectedly ate seven hours of my day. It was glorious.
- As it says in-key, I worked out two days in a row, and one involved running outside. It also involved me getting really sore the next day. Go figure.
- I forgot about my goal for the week, but I worked more on #FairyPrisonBook AND short fic, so I’m content.
- Overall, March was a bit thin in the first few weeks, but the last week really picked up steam, and I’m going to try to keep that going.
- I do plan to go back through and get sticker-totals for each month. But not yet. Soon. Probably.
Tomorrow I’ve got about 8 hours in the car total, plus however many more hours wandering southwest Iowa to help Sis find a house, so here’s hoping I get something done besides sleeping on that trip.
Thanks for reading,