Last week, I mentioned a house-hunting expedition w/ Sis. It went well, she found a place that seems like it’s going to be great, and more importantly we snooped on the extensive manga selection at the public library, and ate lunch at a restaurant which used to be a church and had gorgeous windows as a result. Sorry for the hideous lighting. Just know there were library books propped in the windows, and it was glorious.
Green Star Reads for this week:
I enjoyed reading JUST VISITING, by Dahlia Adler, especially the middle parts. Is that weird to say? Maybe. But the middle parts were my favorite, even or especially when they had me feeling very single, bemoaning my own lack of high school and/or college romances. Anyway.
I also burned through BLEEDING EARTH, by Kaitlin Ward, in one sitting as far as the last 200 pages was concerned. I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about it one way or another, story-wise, but my predominant feeling is: I couldn’t put it down. And happily–in the words of the one glimpsed Twitter image that made me pick this book up at the library days later–“The lesbian couple lives.” Sooo.
And then I pathetically read like the first page of ZEROES, by Scott Westerfeld, but I’m counting it on this week’s record because the author is one of my favorites and I like when I have a lot of books to list here.
- Soundtrack of the Week: Lots of instrumental as I carved through a lot of short story revisions. For example, today I listened to 3.5 movies’ worth of the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack before I realized my film score playlist wasn’t shuffled. The Star Wars: TFA soundtrack was also glorious to revise too, especially with the advent of Rogue One trailer which is soooo exciting.
- Go-to method of procrastination: Anime was probably the biggest offender this week, but also short story revision in itself is how I’m procrastinating ReviseNoWriMo, so even though I was quite productive, my lazy-schmuck-ness endures.
- Blue – 1/2 hr revision(WEEK TOTAL: 12 & 1/2 hrs)
- Silver – draft 500 new words (WEEK TOTAL: 5,500 words)
- Green – read 100 pages(WEEK TOTAL: 500 pages)
- Gold – 1/2 hr studying Japanese (WEEK TOTAL: 6 hrs)
- Red – blog post (WEEK TOTAL: 1)
- NOT PICTURED – I’m tracking exercise and adult-like responsibilities in a separate baby-sized calendar also courtesy of Easter Seals.(WEEK TOTAL FOR EXERCISE: 2 times).
- TOTAL STICKERS: 54
Points of Note:
- In an attempt to balance my sticker usage ratios, I switched the color key for Revision and Drafting. The attempt failed, however, because then I revised much more than I drafted, using even more of my well-used blue stickers. I’m nearing the end of my first sticker pack.
- Got a lot of short story revision done this week, which I’m proud of. But that also means I put off #FairyPrisonBook, which is inopportune because I’m trying to do Camp ReviseNoWriMo or something… Basically, I really need to work on novel revision, too.
- I still don’t have a proper way to document job applications, but that also got done a bit more this week, so it’s been a good seven-day period overall.
That’s about it for now. I’m sure I did other interesting things this week, but they have escaped my memory.
Thanks for reading,