What am I doing with my life. What did I do that was cool this week. I tweeted a [mediocre] parody of Hamilton’s 10 Duel Commandments on the #Pie4Ham hashtag.
The other night I finally watched [and had a lot of emotions over] Bakemono no Ko, the latest movie by one of my favorite directors / studios (who also did Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Summer Wars). Someday, I should blog fangirling about my love for these movies, but such passion will not fit in the context of this particular blog post.
The short story rabbit hole doesn’t seem to have a bottom, guys. I’m really just doing that. I don’t even know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Green Star Reads for this week:
Oh my god I read nothing apart from some short stories. Eight short stories. God. Let me just vow, here and now, this is the week I start reading again. Meaning I’ll be finishing Raven King, by Maggie Stiefvater. And *CHOKES*.
- Soundtrack of the Week: The Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki soundtrack, plus the Zankyou no Terror soundtrack and a dash of Hamilton to top things off.
- Go-to method of procrastination: Um. Too much napping? A little more anime than last week, but still not a ton. Um…new Steven Universe episodes.
- Silver – 1/2 hr revision(WEEK TOTAL: 15 & 1/2 hrs)
- Red – draft 500 new words (WEEK TOTAL: 6,500 words)
- Green – read 100 pages (WEEK TOTAL: 0 pages)
- Gold – 1/2 hr studying Japanese (WEEK TOTAL: 0 hrs)
- Blue – blog post (WEEK TOTAL: 2, but only on a technicality: last week’s post was late)
- NOT PICTURED – I’m tracking exercise and adult-like responsibilities in a separate baby-sized calendar also courtesy of Easter Seals.(WEEK TOTAL FOR EXERCISE: 2 times).
- TOTAL STICKERS: 46
Points of Note:
Ignore where the blue line starts. I forgot that last week I posted on Saturday. All stickers on the 21st counted toward this week.
- Now I thought I sucked at productivity this week–yet my sticker total is higher than any of the weeks I caught up on with my last post. Proving that I know nothing, productivity is a lie, but so is self-doubt screaming “WHY DON’T YOU DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIFE?” Because I am doing things. It only feels like I’m failing. I guess.
- Next week: ALL THE READING. I will regain some balance, not only working on short stories.
On Wednesday I help my sister move to her new dwelling, so at the very least hopefully I can get some reading done in the car. Alternatively, I will get nothing done that day. We’ll see.
Oh, and my 22nd birthday’s on Thursday. O _ O
Thanks for reading,